Galaxy Nexus: Latest Smart-phone With Awesome Applications
In this guest piece for VeryBestSoftware today, Mason Brown who is a marketing lead at ArcApps, is sharing his personal insight and review on Samsung’s smartphone wonder, the Galaxy Nexus.
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is one of those very special kinds of smart-phones and part of the reason for this is the awesome applications that the mobile wonder does contain in addition to all the excellent features of latest mobile technology. This smart-gadget is surely the smartest to come from smart-phone app development and it can only get better from there. The Galaxy Nexus does indeed highly compliment App development in general. This special gadget is the very latest offering from Google and it comes jam-packed with all sorts of unique things that have made it every inch an eagerly awaited mobile device by many out there.
What Makes Galaxy Nexus a Super smartphone
What makes the Galaxy Nexus stand out is that is literally a cross between a superior Android smart-phone and a touch screen slate. It is not at all a tablet. However, what it does do as being what it is in essence is totally amazing on all fronts. The Galaxy Nexus is a product that is the result of a coming together between Samsung and Google. This wondrous phone and its operating system were developed in collaboration on equal ground by engineers from both of these high profile companies. The Galaxy Nexus is the third generation result and predecessor to the Nexus One and the Nexus S.
The Galaxy Nexus is very special in more ways than one and it is the more ways that does make this a tremendous smart-phone in its own right. Not only does it have a super AMOLED display with HD but it also has a glass that is curved in addition. Galaxy Nexus also has a brand new Android 4.0 version operating system called Ice Cream Sandwich and a camera system that also has a lot of major improvements to it too.
The Galaxy Nexus was first introduced to the world at a special Ice Cream Sandwich event by Samsung and Google in Hong Kong on October 19th, 2011. This touch screen Android smart-phone was then released in Europe on November 17th, 2011 and in the United States on December 15th, 2011.
Some of the other features of the Galaxy Nexus Smart-Phone do not only include very improved speed and performance. It also has Face Unlock and Face Unlock is a feature that uses facial recognition type of software to allow users to unlock their handsets to the phone unit. Another key feature is a voice integration that is excellent and allows continual real-time speech that can go into text dictation. A user is also able to access their apps directly from the lock screen as well.
This unique smart-phone goes beyond the definition of the word “smart-phone” and why has been highlighted in detail here. Not only does it contain some very useful apps already built into it that come pre-installed. It can also use some other awesome apps in addition as well.
My recommended applications for your Android smartphone
What are some of the must-have apps to have with your Galaxy Nexus Smart-Phone? Any of the apps mentioned here can be downloaded directly from Android Marketplace straight to your phone. Some of these useful and also recreational apps do include the following:
- Advanced Task Killer – This application helps to kill off any programs that are not in use on the Nexus to help conserve battery power and free up memory
- Droid Light – This application helps to light up the LED flash that is on the back of the phone. It saves the screen from having to be illuminated whenever a person needs to see in the dark.
- Google Sky Map – This application allows the phone to be pointed up at the sky to get a detailed view of the constellations overhead.
- Connect bot – A user can have this application available whenever they need to connect to remote servers as an SSH client.
- Bar-code Scanner – This application allows a user to look up any UPC or QR code that they may want information on. It both reads and scans the various codes.
- Astro File Manager – This application gives a very easy way to be able to view the files and contents of the Droid itself.
- Kindle – This application permits the phone user to read a book without having to have an actual book. The app contains a bookstore that is already built into it and it also has the capability to sync in with other existing Kindle applications successfully.
- Evernote – This application helps the phone user to stay organized by writing and being able to keep notes in sync by utilizing the Ever note website. It also integrates well with other desktop and mobile applications.
- Spotify – This application is the doorway to a huge music library that is available at one’s fingertips. Songs can be streamed from anywhere at any time.
- Angry Birds – This game is very popular and also addictive. Therefore, get as much fun as you can from this great fun time application, and it is one that is definitely not for the birds!
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a phone away from a phone. Simply translated it means this. It is a very advanced Smart-phone that will keep on getting smarter and smarter as more advancements are made to it. This is because it can do so many other things that just serve as a device for easy and convenient communication. It is definitely a tool of the future, and of now, at the same time.
Mason Brown is marketing lead at Arcapps.com, which provides quality app development using advanced technologies. It is my passion to write on technology subjects, because this is the age of technology revolution.