Do-It-Yourself Apps by Citrix Podio
Unless you have been hiding in some cave the past years, you must have witnessed the irreversible transformations that have been going on in the workplace. A few years back, work used to be some tasks that do not connect with personal life, and thus separates family and friends, and makes leading a balanced social life costly. However, we have gradually drifted to the era where we can have all of the facilities and materials we need to work better and live better; making our professional life a compliment of our personal life and ensuring that from the big business ideas that we come up with, while sitting in the office, to those little business transforming ideas that strike our head while enjoying the outdoors on a beach, are all put to their effective use without distorting our life.
Notably, there are certain systems that have undergone several perfections to guarantee us this fine-tuned lifestyle. Among these are Citrix:
Citrix is a system that facilitates the transformation on how businesses and IT and people work together in this cloud era. It is built with the leading cloud environment, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies all of which are designed to power mobile work-styles and cloud services. This assemble is meant to make the complex enterprise IT that have made life and business processes more cumbersome simpler and accessible for users. Citrix products allow users to un-plug while still being connected, to work effectively from any location, including an option to choose the best device for work any moment and to enjoy a working style that compliments their life. Is that all? Not at all – here are three major ways Citrix will enhance your personal and professional life.
- It provides a set of IT solutions built to provide users with the best computing environment. It allows users enough freedom and flexibility while providing adequate security and control.
– The Citrix solution allows users to work anywhere, with anyone, on any device, at any time. No longer will you have to get to the office or meet a particular person, or use a particular device before you can start implementing your business ideas.
– This is a system built for the future. With the business trends rapidly embracing mobility and cloud facilities, Citrix solutions facilitate this transition and leads any business to carve out a niche in the cloud era, embrace mobile users, personal devices, wireless access, app stores, SaaS, and cloud infrastructure.
Hence using the Citrix solutions will allow you to work and achieve more with your co-workers, clients and group on a social work platform that you can personalize. You can also use a company network for employee-wide communications.
Podio, though now part of the Citrix systems, is an online work platform with which users can create workspaces for group collaboration, use Employee Network for the entire company and build Podio Apps with which to get their work done. Podio is so simple to use and building app does not depend on your technical skill either. There are also hundreds of readily available free Podio apps you can choose to add structure to your business. Additionally, they come with social, collaborative activity streams which enables commenting and discussion.
Podio was founded in 2009 and has undergone several perfections meant to provide it with all the features it needs to put users in control of their work tools. With these tools, users can decide on how they want their projects structured, including their teams and workflows. To do this, they can create workspaces and share them with relevant people. Podio also allows users to decide on how they want their content to be created, structure and presented. In a nutshell, here are some of the features that podio provides:
- Podio allows users to work with everyone. It is pretty easy to collaborate with co-workers in workspaces or create workspaces for your clients, contractors and suppliers thereby making sure that everybody is on the same page on projects. Podio also provides users with a free Employee Network through which you can have a company—wide communication/collaboration.
– Podio apps come with social activity streams integrating social features like comments, likes, edits and status updates with which you can collaborate with tour team and clients across projects and functions.
- Building an app with Podio is a breeze. Despite the hundreds of free apps which you can even choose from and modify to suit your needs, anyone can build an app with Podio despite his/her technical skills. You can built an app to handle any part of your business like sales leads, execute projects, deliver software, recruit talent, and perform thousands of other activities as your business or company deems fit. Building a fresh app with Podio does not take more than 3 minutes.
With the ability to design apps that can work on your mobile, Podio is one of the best work platforms that allow users to work on the go while keeping a perfect track record. Sales agents on the road can add new leads and indicate closed deals, projects managers can add new projects, modify overdue ones and add comments. Those back in the office can follow their progress and chip in something when necessary.
Podio Project Management Apps
The Citrix Podio now includes three new do-it-yourself project management apps available in their Podio app market. Users can easily pick, modify and customize these apps to fit specifically into their specific business settings. Either by using these apps or creating one from scratch, more teams and small businesses have reportedly been able to streamline workflows, manage business processes and increase their productivity. Specifically, these Podio project management apps are designed to allow easy management of distributed agile teams, facilitate running of a project with regards to the PMI standards and have effective report of lessons learned upon a project’s completion. Basically, there are over 700 free apps from the Podio App Market among which are:
- Client project management: This app helps users to easily collaborate with clients on a project and can be gotten for free. It comes with well defined deliverables, roles and resources.
- Project portfolio management: This app allows users to effectively manage team’s project portfolio with which everyone connected with a particular project can be kept on the same page. It is also available for free.
- Simple project management: This app is simply designed to help businesses kick-start their project management processes while allowing them to effectively define projects, deliverables, and meetings.
Are you a project manager, a business owner or somebody that is always involved with team work? I believe Critix and Critix Podio solutions has a lot to offer in this cloud and mobile era, and making it part of your work procedures will not only help you to improve productivity but to achieve a perfect balance between your personal and professional life.