Norton Ghost Coupon & Review
One of the greatest fears that you as a PC owner will have, is that of something going wrong with your computer, resulting in the loss of all your valuable information. This something wrong could come in the form of a virus, or your PC crashing, for whatever reason. Making a backup of the information on your computer is therefore always a good idea and Symantec have what they believe is the right software for the job. Norton Ghost, created by the Symantec Corporation, is a trusted and reliable full system backup tool which can completely safeguard your system, files, settings and applications should this data somehow become lost or damaged. In this brief article we will discuss the features and benefits of this innovative software, and let you know what some of other Norton Ghost users are saying about this Symantec product.
Norton Ghost Coupon
For more Symantec Coupons and Reviews click here
What Symantec Norton Ghost 15.0 Does
Symantec Norton Ghost 15.0 PC protects the applications, settings, files, folders and all else on your PC with professional grade backup and recovery. Error checking, cold imaging, enhanced encryption and new Windows 7 Bitlocker support, will help to ensure that backups are safe. Should your computer system fail it can be quickly restored and lost or damaged files recovered, even if your computer’s operating system won’t start. Other features touted by the makers of Symantec Norton Ghost 15.0 are that it lets you decide what gets backed up and when; meaning full system or specific file and folders, and scheduled or event-based. For backup purposes, a wide choice of storage devices is being offered, this includes external hard drives, networked drives, USB and Firewire devices, recordable and re-writable CDs and DVD’s and even Blu-ray Discs.
There are a number of features which make Norton Ghost one of the premier system backup applications available. Among these are:
• Cold Imaging allows you to backup individual files without completely installing Norton Ghost.
• Blue-ray compatibility—up to 25 GB per disc.
• Supports Window 7 including Bitlocker.
• Patented Symantec ThreatCon integration provides automatic threat detection and protection by systematically backing up files when a certain threat level is reached.
• Full system backups
• Individual file and folder backups allowing you to back up only the files you designate.
• Incremental backup for faster results—copies only those files that have changed since the last backup.
• Advanced compression allowing you to store more data on a single disk.
• State of the art encryption to keep your private files safe and secure.
• Remote management tool.
• And more…
Nobody likes to think of losing their data and files due to system error or failure, but the reality is that it does occasionally happen and you should always be prepared. Norton Ghost helps make this preparation at bit easier by automatically backing up your data when the software perceives an imminent threat. Other benefits of Norton Ghost include:
• Supports a wide range of backup media
• The flexibility to perform a full system backup or merely the files or folders you choose
• Restores your data completely, even in the event of system failure
• Enables, convenient and secure remote offsite backups
• Fully customizable to suit your user preferences
Of those who have tried Norton Ghost as their preferred backup tool, most are extremely impressed by its capabilities and flexibility. One such user wrote:
“Norton Ghost 15 is really good at what its main function is: To make a perfect image of your computer to allow easy disaster recovery or easily move from one computer to another when upgrading. It even supports off-site FTP copying…”
Another user praised Symantec for making Norton Ghost smarter and more intuitive than other backup tools on the market, and for perfecting the art of the incremental backup. In the review the user writes:
“I have always found it frustratingly difficult to run incremental backups with the various backup software programs…Ghost 10 has finally made it intuitive. After the first [full] backup…it quickly updated…instead of doing another full backup. That’s the ticket! No jargon, just incremental backups. Finally.”
Written by Steven