Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition
For small businesses that require a cost-effective backup and recovery solution, the Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition is ideal. While other software may take hours to recover data files, folders or complete Windows systems, Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition does it in minutes. The backups can also be done to different hardware, remote locations or even to virtual environments, thus avoiding potential disaster and minimizing downtime.
Symantec System Recovery Coupon
Other Symantec Small Business Products:
There are some principal features associated with Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition that make it stand out.
One of these is the facility offered for offsite backup to a secondary disk drive or File Transfer Protocol location.
Another of the principal features is Dissimilar Hardware Recovery, utilizing what is known as Restore Anywhere Technology.
There is also a feature, which allows users to continue working while there is an ongoing automatic backup. This backup can be scheduled or event based.
Plus for VMware, Microsoft and Citrix virtual environments, Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition provides seamless physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P) conversions.
There are a couple of benefits that flow from the use of Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition.
One of the main ones is the central managing of backup and recovery tasks for multiple servers spanning entire organizations. This simplifies IT administration.
Another of the main benefits is the ability to recover exactly what is needed, when it is needed and where, within minutes. This includes complete systems, as well as individual files or folders, even to dissimilar hardware and virtual environments.
Windows 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems:
• Windows Server 2003
• Windows Essential Business Server 2008
• Windows Server 2008 SP1 / SP2
• Windows Server 2008 R2
• 233 MHz or greater, as required by the operating system
Memory requirements per key components:
• Backup Exec System Recovery Agent: 512 MB
• Backup Exec System Recovery user interface and Recovery Point Browser: 512 MB
• Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB minimum (dedicated)
• Backup Exec System Recovery LightsOut Restore feature: 1 GB
Available hard disk space
When installing the entire product: Up to 430MB, depending on the language of the product you are installing
• Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: 280 MB of hard disk space required for 32-bit computers, and 610 MB for 64-bit computers
• Recovery points: Sufficient hard disk space on a local hard disk or network server for storing recovery points
• Backup Exec System Recovery LightsOut Restore feature: 2 GB
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
The drive can be any speed, but must be bootable from the BIOS in order to boot the Symantec Recovery Disk CD-ROM. Backup Exec System Recovery uses Gear Software technology. To verify that your CD writer or DVD writer is compatible, visit http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/recorders/index.cfm. You can locate information about your writer if you know the name of the manufacturer and model number of your writer.
• The .NET Framework 2.0 is required to run Backup Exec System Recovery. If the .NET Framework is not already installed, you will be prompted to install it once Backup Exec System Recovery is installed and your computer is rebooted
• Additionally, Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007 is required for granular Exchange recovery
Virtual platforms (for converted recovery points)
• VMware vSphere 4.0
• VMware ESXi 3.5 and 4.0
• VMware ESX 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0
• VMware Server 1.0 and 2.0
• VMware Workstation 4, 5, and 6
• Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0 and Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
• Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 and later
• Citrix XenServer 4.x and 5.x
Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution
• Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.0 GHz or faster
• 2 GM or more
Available hard disk space
• 20 GB or more
The following must be installed on the computer on which you want to install Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution:
• 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (must be installed before you can install Symantec Installation Manager).
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition is included on the Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution media. Symantec recommends that you install Microsoft SQL Server on a computer separate from the one on which you install Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution.
• Microsoft Internet Information Services
• Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
• Microsoft ASP.NET
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later
• Microsoft Silverlight 3.0 or later
• Symantec Installation Manager
• Symantec Management Platform
Note: Installation of Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution is not supported on encrypted file systems. High speed Internet access is recommended at the computer where you install Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution.
Written by Steven